What Can I Expect When I Book with the Ballroom at McKay?
Check out some of our frequently asked questions below to learn more about what it’s like to work with the Ballroom, and please contact us with any questions!
- What is There to Do & See in Grand Rapids?
- What Happens on the Day of My Wedding?
Where’s the Best Place to Park?
Fortunately, our central location right next to Rosa Parks Circle in Grand Rapids provides several options for parking. The closest option is the Ellis Monroe Center Lot, just a one minute walk. Other nearby options include 128 Monroe Center St NW Parking (a 2 minute walk), and Ellis Parking Structure on Ionia, which is a 6 minute walk (0.3 miles).
What is There to Do & See in Grand Rapids?
Your wedding, anniversary, birthday party, prom, or business conference is only part of the excitement Grand Rapids has to offer! Read on to learn what makes Grand Rapids so special to those who call it home and those who visit.
Grand Rapids Breweries
Whether you’re visiting with family or friends, there’s no shortage of breweries where you can kick back and see firsthand why Grand Rapids has earned the nickname Beer City, USA.
- Grand Rapids Brewing Company — 10 minute walk from the Ballroom at McKay
- The BOB (multi-level dining, beer and entertainment) — 4 minute walk from Ballroom at McKay
Museums & Sightseeing in Grand Rapids
It’s no surprise that just like our grand and sophisticated venue space, the surrounding Grand Rapids is also rich with history and character. Cultural enrichment comes in the form of the famous beautiful Frederik Meijer Gardens, a number of museums and the John Ball Zoo.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens — 16 minute drive from Ballroom at McKay
- Gerald R. Ford Museum — 7 minute walk
- Grand Rapids Art Museum — 1 minute walk
- Grand Rapids Public Museum — 6 minute walk from Ballroom at McKay
- John Ball Zoo — 9 minute drive from Ballroom at McKay
- Millennium Park — 15 minute drive from Ballroom at McKay
We have compiled a list of trusted and recommended vendors in the Grand Rapids area that will help you plan and execute your perfect day.