The Caterers: The Gilmore Collection
Last week The Ballroom announced that they would play host to a series based on our Five Caterers. Today we will be kicking off the series with The Gilmore Collection. With a rich and vast history in the catering industry, The Gilmore Collection has roots all over the country – however has settled their roots in restaurants all over West Michigan. From The Kirby House in Grand Haven to the B.O.B. in Downtown Grand Rapids, The Gilmore Collection is a wonderful example of the diversity of dishes that their catering service offers.
1. What is most important to you as a caterer?
The most important thing to our Gilmore Catering is fantastic food and customer service. We strive to only use the freshest ingredients, the local farmers, the best staff.
2. Do your dishes and recipes vary per season, and if yes, how so?
We customize menus for every season again using the best local seasonal products. In the spring baby new potatoes from Holland, fresh asparagus, spring lamb. In the summer the bountiful vegetables at the Farmer’s Markets. Fall menus tend to stay centered around comfort foods, root vegetables and local pork farmers. We also tend to trend the menus towards the particular holiday season ie Valentine’s Day, Christmas.
3. What would you say is The Gilmore Collection’s best:
Appetizer: Shrimp Di Parma-jumbo shrimp, prosciutto di parma, dried apricot, basil, old Beck Honey Dijon
Entrée: Combination plate of Filet Cut New York Strip with Smoked Peppercorn Demi-glace and Parsley Roasted Salmon with Tomato Caper Relish
Dessert: Lemon Basil Berry Tart
4. What is your most popular selection for Corporate Events and Weddings?
Corporate Events: Filet of Beef Tenderloin with Forest Mushroom Conserva and Blue Cheese Butter
Weddings: Roasted Chicken Breast Balsamella with Portabello Mushrooms and Fresh Herbs
5. What is your best advice for couples planning their wedding menus?
Customize your menu to fit with the season and most importantly pick your personal favorites.
6. Do you find that most Corporate Events request heavy appetizers, entrees or both?
7. Could you describe a situation where one of your entrees has been significantly altered for a client (and resulted in the best success):
We customize menus on an on-going basis so I am not sure of a good answer for that. We are great at customizing for every special meal circumstance.
Take a peak at some of the mouth watering recipes that can be found through Gilmore’s talented team!
Images courtesy of The Gilmore Collection